SC - Sweet and Savory

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Sep 13 19:23:53 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/13/00 4:18:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

<< Not saying you're wrong, but what is the rationale for the African origin
of
 peanut soup?

 Bear >>

Slaves were fed peanuts as a matter of course. I don't know about the
rational BUT peanut soups play a big part in continental African cookery
today. I suspect they were early on grown in Africa to supply the slave trade
and their use was spread throughout the South by imported slaves.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/