SC - Re: SC finding recipes

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Thu Sep 14 14:18:28 PDT 2000

        Dearest Ari asked:
>       I know that there are ways to make 'period' dishes modern somewhat,
I think anyhow...but, is there a way to make 'modern' dishes period?  <

    What you need to do is look over a nice period cookbook and  redacted
recipes.  Go to the Flori-thingy,  there are recipes there,  and
bibliographies of  GOOD books to get from your library  (interlibrary Loan
is a WONDERFUL thing!!!)

    There is also _The Miscellany_ online,  as well as others to read over,
and decide what looks familiar enough to try.  Many recipes will look
familiar to you (in redacted form)  good food is good food,  and many
recipes survived albeit  adopted many many variations.  Trying to make
modern dishes "period" is a common beginners error.

Caointiarn