SC - TI Article - Support Kitchen

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 14 14:39:38 PDT 2000

>One year we dragged several gallons of cold chili out onto the battlefield
>and fed all the fighters cold, nuclear grade
>nasty chili. It was some of the best stuff I've ever eaten. Don't sell
>post-combat fighters short on what they will eat.

Or rather, do.

Cooks, I could swear we have discussed the list's  (as an entity)
dissatisfaction over Lady Jenna's organization of the Calontir Soup Kitchen
before. She's done an amazing job organizing the transport and
re-distribution of foods the fighters provide for themselves, supplemented
with purchases of the same sort of thing made using money donated by the
fighters and with some other items of her own making and out of her own
pocket. This is done for the major wars and I would assume most
'kingdom-level' events, not merely the events local to her own home.  Who
else even comes close to that, with or without the food being period?

Contacting her or the TI to criticize her for performing a service without
also raising it to an art is not something I think should be done. Writing
her to teach her what she could have done serves no purpose.  However, once
the project is underway, Writing her to tell her the progress of the work
she inspired--there's a plan.

Bonne