SC - jerky documentation?

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Fri Sep 15 15:04:01 PDT 2000

Serian wrote:

> luxuries as refrigeration.  It is useful for people that are
> having a blood sugar problem that requires something more
> than pure glucose.  It also tastes good (when made well, of

Please forgive my perplexion, but blood sugar _is_ glucose, and proteins
and fats are poor sources of blood sugar/glucose. Jerky may be providing
a nutrition need for protein and other things, but it's not a better
source for carbohydrates than fruit and fruit juices (almost pure
glucose). If jerky is more satisfying than carbohydrates, then the
problem is not low blood sugar.

Seumas

- --
Roi ne suis prince, ni duc, ni comte aussi; je suis sire de
Bruyerecourt.