OT - Re: SC - Foodie Movies

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Sep 16 05:21:20 PDT 2000

Lee-Gwen Booth wrote:

> [...]

I found it a little difficult myself, and I'm not  affected to anywhere
near the same extent by the prolonged acts of violence portrayed, for
example, in "A Clockwork Orange", most movies made by Brian DePalma ; )
or a plethora of others. I had no problem at all looking into the little
cloth bundle in "The Blair Witch Project". I did have trouble with the
extended beating and degradation of a man in the opening scene (I
_think_ it was the opening scene) of TTTTHW&HL, and the climax wasn't a
whole lot more pleasant, or, for that matter, to my mind, especially
memorable cinema. People (I suspect) don't remember the dialogue in that
last scene, or the painfully constructed camera angles or editing. All
they remember (again, I suspect, in most cases) is the sight of that
awful platter, and without that the movie is next to nothing.

Adamantius, auteur theorist
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com