SC - pickled melon documentation

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Sep 20 23:24:38 PDT 2000

Bonne asked:
> I've been wanting to find documentation for pickled fruits in period, for no
> better reason than I am a fan of pickled fruit. If you could tell me where I
> should have been looking all this time, I'd be happy.

You might want to look through this file in the FOOD section of my files:
pickled-food-msg (118K)  5/23/00    Medieval pickled food. recipes.

Looking through the file, I find period recipes on pickling these fruits:
lemons, oranges, lemon peel, currants, pears and possibly evidence
for pickled cherries (although no recipe).

I did also see a reply of mine mentioning this file that was very
close to this one, so my appologies if you've already checked out
this particular file.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net