SC - my collected glossary

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Sep 21 00:10:42 PDT 2000

Lars asked:
> LrdRas at aol.com writes:
> > << <<So far, I only remember seeing one comment about Phillipa’s list
> >  and that was about the taste of murri and that is a matter of
> >  opinion.>> >>
> >
> >  Actually that is a matter of FACT.
>
> Okay, having been offline for a while, and for some reason, this post having
> gotten waylaid in datafile land somewhere, what is the taste of Muri? Soy
> sauce to me tastes beefy and salty, with an undercurrent. What does the Muri
> taste like? Can I get a comparison? Is it a sweet taste? Sour? Salty? Pungent
> like Curry, or bland like yeast? I haven't seen anything saying that it
> tastes like anything, which just may be my slow server getting things out to
> me and in backward/sidewards order. If you have posted it, I apologize. But
> could someone enlighten me in private if you did?

Perhaps some of the comments in this file might be a help. Remember though
that are two types of murri, the original and an imitator. I can't
recall if there are comments comparing the two or not.
This is in the FOOD-CONDIMENTS section:
murri-msg         (24K)  1/11/00    Rotted barley paste condiment of Arabia.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net