SC - Harvest Moon Shoot proposed menu

Aelfwyn at aol.com Aelfwyn at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 18:50:59 PDT 2000

Please offer your suggestions on the following menu to be served at Harvest
Moon Shoot in Malagentia on Oct. 7. The site has NO kitchen and the only
running water is in the bathrooms so all cooking is to be done before the
event. Service will be buffet style and I'm dubbing it the Crockpot Feast.
Since there are no cleanup facilities, any dirty serveware will have to be
hauled home that way. This will be Maine in October, so the daytime temps may
well be chilly for this mostly outdoor event. Um, and the budget is $250 to
feed about 75 people lunch and feast. Menu items are from most all periods
and sources, but the autocrat didn't have any theme in mind--beyond telling
me that meat and potatoes would be fine, just stay in budget.

Dayboard
    Onion Soup (gotta love that big propane burner!)
    boursin (a local lady makes a delightful version)
    Digby's savory cheese served as a warm spread (in a crockpot)
    breads (mostly homemade)
    honey butter---don't even say it

Feast Buffet
    Roast Pork (donated 1/2 a piggy-Bourbilier recipe)
    Roast Turkey (2-donated)
    Roast Venison (small-donated)
    Lamb meatballs (donated lamb using the Pommes Dorre recipe)
    Roast Beef
all meats will be served room temp/cold
    Sauces
        Lumbard Mustard
        Cameline
        Verde
        Bourbilier
        maybe a Sals?
    Compost
    Frumenty (in a crockpot)
    Caboges (in a crockpot)
    Carrot and/or Parsnip Pottage (in a crockpot)
    Hot Lentil Salad (in a crockpot)
    Ember Day tarts
    Hais
    To Make an Excellent Cake (Digby)
    Apple Custade
    Apple Mousse
    Apple Jelly Candies
    Fine Cakes
    White Leach
    Wafers
    Date Tart (maybe)

Beverages for both will probably be Sekanjabin, Lemonade and water.

Many thanks,
Lady Aelfwyn