Sweetened Butter? (was Re: SC - Harvest Moon Shoot proposed menu)

Sat Sep 23 09:17:54 PDT 2000

>From my reading of the passage by Plat, butter blended with sugar and washed
with rosewater was a breakfast treat for his guests, so I would say butter
flavored with rosewater and sugar would be an appropriate for Elizabethan
fare (at least breakfast).

Of course you need to take into account that if this was as much a surprise
as Plat says, then it is probably uncommon and very likely something he
developed in his work with confections.

Bear