SC - Definitions and Examples: Period, Peri-oid and OOP

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Tue Sep 26 05:52:01 PDT 2000

>  You present plausible ideas and beliefs.  My position is that when a
>recipe is provided in original language or translation, then I have
>definite proof that is incontrovertable that this recipe existed in a
>given time and place in history.

The problem is that you don't have definite proof that said recipe was
ever cooked. See Plat for a number of doubtful recipes. This is more
important in my specialty, where it is obvious that many instructions
weren't followed (or people would have noticed that cucumber seeds soaked
in different flavorings didn't grow flavored cucumbers!)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"And you, to whom adversity has dealt the final blow
With smiling bastards lying to you everywhere you go
Turn to, and put out all your strength of arm and heart and brain
And like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again."