SC - Who you callin' an 'abomination'?

Tue Sep 26 07:01:03 PDT 2000

Historically and practically the head cook controls the kitchen and
co-ordinates its use with the cooks of visiting dignitaries.  Supplies,
depending on time and place, would be the province of the house steward or
the butler (who was initially the wine steward as the pantler was the bread
steward).  You might wish to use the term major-domo, if you find Kitchen
Steward inappropriate.

Bear