SC - vegetables

margali margali at 99main.com
Tue Sep 26 12:45:39 PDT 2000

I know when I make fresh mayo it never lasts long enough to need refrigeration,
heck-sometimes I have to whip up a second batch! Canned mayo on the other hand
gets really nasty when it starts separating at room temp for several hours. On
the otherhand, I never refrigerate butter-as long as it is covered so the cats
and any flies that wander by cant get to it, it is good for several weeks at
room temp[but then again a lb of butter lasts a week at most in my house,
especially when I am cranking out basic shortbread around the holidays!]
margali