Flaming? Was - Re: List administrator-Re: SC - Who you callin' an 'abomination'?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 26 22:08:20 PDT 2000

Adamantius asked:
> Can we talk more about Miracle Whip?

Uh, is this something to beat a dead horse with? We seem to be
doing a lot of that around here, lately.

I do have a file on whips though (whips-msg) in the UNCATALOGUED section
of my files. But attaching 'miracle' to it sounds like modern
marketing and not medieval thing to do.

For mashed foods, what would they have used in a period kitchen?
A mortar and pestle? Or was there something like our potato masher?
I'm thinking of something used to mash foods not something to crush
or grind spices. We have discussed mashed foods before. For instance,
the ones given in this file in the FOOD section of my files:
mashed-foods-msg  (16K)  3/17/99    Period 'mashed' food. Recipes.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net