SC - OOP::::: Basil oil

Jeff Gedney JGEDNEY at dictaphone.com
Fri Sep 29 06:48:52 PDT 2000

> Pesto, in its most common internationally available form, is pretty well
> acknowledged to have been created in Genoa. Whether or not that's the
> case, I couldn't say, but most people who seem to have any kind of
> opinion seem to feel it's Genoese. Probably because they've been told it
> a bazillion times.

My sister in law of mine makes it like this:
in a Food processor put a handful of fresh basil (and it is SO easy to
grow!!!), more garlic than you rhink you need (a couple tablespoons),
a little pinch of kosher salt, a teaspoon fresh shreded parmagianno
some lightly toasted pignole nuts, and a teaspoon knob of fresh butter.
Run the processor and drizzle in the Olive Oil until smooth.

It freezes real well, and she puts hers in an Ice cube tray lined with plastic
wrap. A very convenient "convenience food"!

Often when she is in a rush she boils some pasta, plates it, tosses on
a cube, and tosses the hot pasta to melt and mix.
Add a sprinkle of parmesan or romano for aroma, and a little bread
and wine.

Tada! dinner in under 10 minutes.

Brandu