SC - Re: Easy period soups?

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Fri Sep 29 15:25:45 PDT 2000

At 11:18 AM 9/29/00 -0700, you wrote:
>What we need isn't a chicken soup recipe, it is a soup recipe as easy
>and inexpensive to make as dumping soup powder into boiling water, or
>at least close. I don't think yours qualifies, since it is going to
>take a fairly long cooking period with people paying attention, and
>the chicken has to be kept in a cooler or something until it is
>cooked. It's possible that the people doing support for the Calontir
>Army would be willing to go to that much trouble, but my guess is not.
>David/Cariadoc

Nope, can't see it.  A soup as simple to make as pouring a packet of
ingredients into a pot of boiling water.  I was going to suggest meat,
pre-cooked and frozen in plasticware. Take to site. Put in pot over fire,
begin to thaw and add veges.  It would still take someone to watch over the
pot, although it wouldn't take all day. My cooking pride won't let me fix
something like dehydrated soup at an event. I can picture myself at the
list field with my two-burner propane stove and huge pot stirring soup that
smells good enough to pull fighters off the field...
Leanna