SC - Period cookshop at Pennsic?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Sep 1 23:24:29 PDT 2000

Cindy/Sincgiefu said:
> O.K., but please add a rotisserie, and one of those grills with the rods
> that turn the meat slowly, and a cashier, and a large fridge to your list.

The estimated numbers of customers that I've seen here are pretty high.

What is the volume you can expect from such a rotisserie? You can only
cook how many chickens at once. And if you serve half-chickens how many
is this? Even if you can cook 12 chickens at once, giving 24 servings, they
take a while to cook. I don't think this is feasible, although the idea
is nice.

> Have fresh soft Pretzels and mustard sauce available for each lunch.

I like this idea. If walking merchants were allowed it would be neat to
have walking pretzel sellers like in the period pictures. Even if this
isn't allowed at Cooper's Lake, folks might want to keep it in mind for
other "fair" type events. And a period mustard, instead of that bright
yellow "ballpark" mustard would be nice. I suspect you could sell a lot
of pretzels, at least the large, soft warm ones.

> Also, roast small chickens, whole or half, should be available each day for
> lunch and dinner on the rotisserie.

See above comments about the rotisserie. The rotisserie might work for
larger chunks of roast meat though.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net