SC - salad

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Sat Sep 2 08:14:50 PDT 2000

Thomas writes that the germans have many period recipes for salad, but I
must point out that per castelvetro these were hardly fit to be called salad
;->

"Never do as the Germans and uncouth nations do - pile the badly washed
leaves, neither shaken nor dried, up in a mound like a pyramid, then throw
on a little salt, not much oil and far too much vinegar without even
stirring.  And all this done to produce a decorative effect, where we
Italians would much rather feast the palate than the eye."

This is why I'm usually an Italian girl even though I'm quite fond of Fladen
;->
Eden
WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com