SC - Period cookshop at Pennsic?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Sep 3 05:15:51 PDT 2000

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Adamantius confirmed my concerns on using a rotisserie for chickens in
> a high volume cookshop and then said:
> > Might do okay with a smaller, simpler rotisserie for things like legs of
> > lamb or even steamship rounds of beef, and have a flat, open grill for
> > split chickens.
>
> Ok, what is a "steamship round of beef"?

Basically the thigh of a steer, with the outer thigh muscle (look at
your own leg, Stefan!) comprising the top round and the inner thigh
comprising the bottom round. Together they are a steamship round, with a
single bone, the femur, running down the middle. Sorry about that.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com