SC - sausages

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 5 21:32:46 PDT 2000

Maire commented:
>  The electric one has all kinds of attachments for
> making/stuffing sausages, which I've never tried, as the idea of buying
> all those cleaned innards for the casings just completely grosses me
> out.  *sigh* I'd better get over it soon--we're doing homemade sausages
> for Harvest Ct at the end of October. <g>

If you haven't already decided which recipes to use for the homemade
sausages that you are going to make for your Harvest Court event in
October, you might want to look through this file in the FOOD section
of my Florilegium:
sausages-msg      (96K)  6/ 8/00    Period sausages. Making sausage.

There were some really good looking recipes posted on this list. One of
the things I'd hoped to do when I got my food processor this last spring
was some sausage. However, I didn't find any food processors that
did this, only mixers. I figure I'll have to dig out the metal
hand-cranked meat grinder and see if it will grind and stuff.

I know my HEB food stores sell sausage casings in the meat department.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net