SC - Use of medicinal metals: chelation & humor

Ann Sasahara ariann at nmia.com
Wed Sep 6 07:26:24 PDT 2000

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000 LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 9/5/00 8:26:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
> writes:
> << I suppose it may have some effect without being metabolized, or perhaps
>  alternative medicine is using alternative chemistry as well. At this
>  point, anything is possible, I guess.

"chelation" is the process that comes to mind to make insoluble metals
viable for organic uptake.  Chelated iron in vitamins using a glucose
carrier is the most mundane example that comes to mind.

Personally, I use SoilTex (TM) a chelated iron fertilizer for plants,
which is expensive but really restores the green to my yellowed plants.

I received a humorous e-mail on alternative medicine -- which I can't
locate, of course, but I will attempt to recreate it:

Abbreviated History of Medicine

An ailing person goes to a medical practitioner and is told:
BC 2000 - eat this root
BC 200 - don't take that root, take this potion
1600 AD - don't take that potion, take this compound
1700 AD - don't take that compound, take this pill
2000 AD - don't take that pill, eat this root

Enjoy

Ariann