SC - My Good News... <G>

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Sep 6 11:45:05 PDT 2000

RButler96 at aol.com wrote:

>     She was Princess at last Gulf Wars, but I am unaware of the problems
> because I don't beleive I was on the list at that time.
>
>     Khadijah

Essentially what happened was that in a (possibly misguided) attempt to
raise the quality of life in the kingdom, Her then Highness wrote a note
to the kingdom newsletter, requesting non-period options at feasts in
addition to period fare. The fact that this is a symptomatic treatment
of a larger problem we can ignore for the present. Unfortunately her
phrase "stay away from all-period feasts" was printed, IIRC, as "stay
away from all period feasts", making possible the interpretation not
that she wanted some modern and immediately recognizable food options at
feasts, but that she wanted to see absolutely no period food.

There was something of a ruckus over that, and the general feeling on
this list and elsewhere was that cooks weren't much appreciated in
Trimaris. The re-opening of the Order for cooks was probably an attempt
to reverse that sentiment.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy