SC - Weird fish names

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 6 13:10:49 PDT 2000

Hello again!

I've run into some fish names that I can't figure out.  The editor of the
source text isn't very clear on them, and I can't find them in either the
1729 or the 1992 editions of the Real Academia Espanola's dictionary.

Here we go:

Palamida: the editor of the source text cites it as a transliteration of a
fish called "pelamide" in Catalan.

bisol: no idea whatsoever.

saiton: described as a bitter fish, best eaten with the head and entrails
removed.

Since everyone on the list was so helpful before, I figured I'd try again!

Thanks in advance,

Vicente
(wondering how to cite e-mail list discussions in a bibliography)