SC - pennsic pot luck dish

harper at idt.net harper at idt.net
Fri Sep 8 12:48:03 PDT 2000

> Can you point me inthe direction of the recipe for the peach pits? I
> think I would like to make them for christmas.
> margali
> [I only have vol 1 of Cariadocs misc cookbooks]

Sorry... I should have done it before this, as someone else also asked.  It's
from Granado, which is not included in Cariadoc's collection.  I'll post the
translation tonight.  It's very simple -- almond paste with cinnamon and
sanders in it, and a whole blanched almond in the center.  I ground my own
paste, but the recipe would proabably work with store-bought.  The tricky part
is getting a mold.  If everything works out, I should be getting an earthenware
mold later this fall from a potter I met at Pennsic.

Brighid

This message was sent through IDT.
http://www.idt.net/