SC - Radio program on 1527 feast

David Dendy ddendy at silk.net
Sun Sep 10 22:11:04 PDT 2000

For anyone on the list who has access to the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting
Corporation), you might be interested in a program on Monday evening, on the
"Ideas" series (which runs, at least in my neck of the woods, at 9:05
p.m. -- but check your local listings). It is an hour long program about the
recreation of a feast given by Cardinal Wolsey [sp?], Henry VIII's minister,
for the French ambassador in 1527, at Hampton Court. I heard a bit of
preview of it on Friday, and it sounded very interesting. It will apparently
by the first in a series about historical dining.

Francesco Sirene