SC - Suggestions & Review Requested.

Jim Revells sudnserv5 at netway.com
Mon Sep 11 17:07:38 PDT 2000

Greetings to the List,
	I wish to thank all who made suggestions on the Feast I am trying to do.
Since I have found it impossible to come up with documentable feast for the
Carolingian Empire I am going to try the most Period feast I have ever
done.  The sources I will be using are "Take A Thousand Eggs or More Vol.
1", Cariadoc's Misccellany & Stefan's Florilegium.
	I have to precook as much of the feast as possible, since I will not have
a kitchen on site.  I will have a couple of hot plates, a Souther Style
Smoker /Oven & a grill.  The feast is to be served as a picknic buffet for
80 I need suggestions on amounts/problems & questions answered by more
experience persons on the following menu:

Mulled Cider-Any suggestions on spices to use?

Sakanyabian from Cariadoc's Misccellany

Apples, Pears, Oranges, & other fruits in Season.

Dark Rye, Light Rye & Pumpernickel from the local bakery.

various cheeses- any suggestions on what kind?  I am thinking a goat cheese
with herbs or if I can find the name of it the cheese from the Charlimange
& the Bishop story.

Rasin Paste from Pg 171 of 1000 Eggs- is this good served cold?

German Pea Soup ala Nicolette (?) from Stefan's Florilegium

Blancmange from Pg 85 of 1000 Eggs- how is the chicken to be cooked Baked
or Boiled?

Carbonadoes of Beef ala Adamantius from Stefan's Florilegium

Small Pies/Chawettys from Pg 123 of 1000 Eggs/Cariadoc's Misccellany

Pies of Paris from Pg 125 of 1000 Eggs

Spinich Tart from Cariadoc's Misccellany

Cream Bastarde from Pg 197 of 1000 Eggs what kind of strainer is supposed
to be used? a fine straner or a corase weave?

Fritters from Pg 193 of 1000 Eggs-  I plan on cooking them on site during
the afternoon using a dutch oven with oil over a grill as a treat for the
kids & thoes shooting.

Your assistance is appreciated.
Olaf Of Trollhiemsfjord,
Canton of Aschehyrst,