SC - TI Article - Support Kitchen

Phil Anderson phil at dev.spis.co.nz
Mon Sep 11 19:59:55 PDT 2000

Morgan writes:

> Too often people
> think things will work and they do not.  (This happens at feasts too --
> don't we all have some story about a dish that went universally uneaten?)

Well, as far as I can recall, I've never encountered a dish at an SCA
feast which went uneaten because everyone found it inherently
unpalatable, and I don't think I've ever heard of such in this country.
(I do recall a case where an inexperienced cook burnt the rice and
decided to serve it anyway...)

The concept of fighters being picky eaters is a very foreign one to
me, and I'd expect most or all here to agree that period food is every
bit as palatable as modern food.

Edward Long-hair
Southron Gaard, Caid