SC - Looking for Black Bread Recipie

Tue Sep 12 10:27:21 PDT 2000

There are four known bread recipes from within period (although there may be
others that have not been located, translated, and published, especially
from Central Europe).  None of these is for 'black bread'.

The modern black bread recipes in my posession use adulterants like
chocolate and coffee to deepen the color.  Definitely not period.

If you can find a dark pumpernickle rye flour to make the bread, you will
probably be as close to a period 'black bread' as you can get.

Bear