Mincemeat (was Re: SC - TI Article - Support Kitchen)

Nicholas Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Tue Sep 12 14:16:20 PDT 2000

- --=_227AA850.67066BF5

>>> Jenne Heise<jenne at tulgey.browser.net> 9/12/00 4:40:22 PM >>>
(Well, you'd really have to add a lot of sugar -- say a 1 to 2
proportion-- to tomatoes for me to consider the resulting sauce a 'sweet')
But no, I was more thinking of teh things we consider as sweet-- honey,
sugar, raisin, the ' sweet spices', all mixed with meat. Mincemeat is a
modern example of such, and you notice that most people don't eat much
mincemeat anymore.  >>>>>

Save mincemeat . . . serve more rissoles!  I served them at a church Olde =
English festival this weekend where I was doing 20-minute cooking demo =
segments, and the rissoles went faster than we could cook them.  No, the =
people probably wouldn't eat them every day, but they sure enjoyed some =
for that day!  I suggest a concerted effort to bring fruit and fruit/meat =
'pastries' back to the world.  Nearly every manuscript has some version or =
anyother, so we can get these ditties included in most times and cultures. =
 So good, and so good for you.

niccolo difrancesco

- --=_227AA850.67066BF5

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff
style="FONT: 10pt Arial; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px; MARGIN-TOP: 2px">
<DIV>>>> Jenne Heise<jenne at tulgey.browser.net> 9/12/00 4:40:22 PM
>>><BR>(Well, you'd really have to add a lot of sugar -- say a 1 to
2<BR>proportion-- to tomatoes for me to consider the resulting sauce a
'sweet')<BR>But no, I was more thinking of teh things we consider as sweet--
honey,<BR>sugar, raisin, the ' sweet spices', all mixed with meat. Mincemeat is
a<BR>modern example of such, and you notice that most people don't eat
much<BR>mincemeat anymore.  >>>>></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Save mincemeat . . . serve more rissoles!  I served them at a church
Olde English festival this weekend where I was doing 20-minute cooking demo
segments, and the rissoles went faster than we could cook them.  No, the
people probably wouldn't eat them every day, but they sure enjoyed some for that
day!  I suggest a concerted effort to bring fruit and fruit/meat 'pastries'
back to the world.  Nearly every manuscript has some version or anyother,
so we can get these ditties included in most times and cultures.  So good,
and so good for you.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>niccolo difrancesco</DIV></BODY></HTML>

- --=_227AA850.67066BF5--