SC - Mirical Whip-NOT

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Sep 17 10:38:16 PDT 2000

Jim Revells wrote:

> > Ras
> > (who is wondering how many folks have actually tasted both products side
> by
> > side and is wondering what physical or psychological ailment is evident
> in
> > those who think Miracle Whip is tasteless as opposed to mayonnaise)
>          I have tasted them side by side & I still would rather have a sanwich
> with Helman's Mayo over anything with Mirical Whip.

Actually, I don't believe anyone called MW tasteless. Unless I am In
Error again.  As I recall I said I didn't like the stuff, and the most
vehement critics were actually people who had an ambivalent viewpoint:
they'd been brought up on it, humorously noted a resemblance to a wide
spectrum of unpleasant non-foods, and still couldn't imagine life
without it.

My preference is for the America's Choice brand, which seems to me to be
the most like homemade mayo of the stuff you can buy in jars, but I am
required to buy Hellman's to keep peace in the home.

I think the bottom line is that there are just some foods I can't stand
sweetened excessively. I put sugar in a lot of foods, as an almost
imperceptible seasoning, but MW is just too d**n sweet for me.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com