SC - Selene gets the bird....

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 18 13:20:19 PDT 2000

Æduin wrote:

> >Since she probably won't mention it herself.  At Caid's Crown Tournament
> >last Saturday Selene got elevated to the Order of the Pelican.

You are right, I wouldn't.  But thanks.

You have not seen the magnum opus play by the late Lord Goldwyn of Britain,
"Mistress Laurel Explains It All AT You."  In it, Mistress Laurel is 'given the
bird' and is pelted by thrown rubber chickens from all the assembled cast.  I
remember the odd looks I got whilst shopping for props for this baby.  We've
really got to do this one again.

> >     Congratulations!!!!!!  *applauds, then tosses a fish*  <gd&r>

A nice poached salmon, if you please.  Oh all right, you can catch it legally if
you wish.

> >     Now for us unenlightened ones, whassat??????

One of the highest honors in the society, for little me.  NOW the work begins!

> tosses a fish, now that's funny!
>
> I woke up last Saturday morning with an inner voice whinging about how much
> more fun it would be to go to Caid Crown rather than opening the boxes from
> the garage and arranging the contents in the outside shed (we've recently
> moved.)  I gave into the whining for the chance to meet Selene and some
> other Caid cooks and I'm so glad I did because being there when she received
> her Pelican was really cool!

Huzzah for the power of positive whinging!  I was happy to meet Bonne in person
as well!  I was probably useless at that meeting we had about organizing a War
Kitchen, still being stunned at the time.

I think I may celebrate by organizing that Fish Feast I've been threatening to
do for years.  Oh aye, nobody will eat fish at a SCA feast, but how about one
just for us seafood lovers?

[there ain't nothing like a] Dame Selene
selene at earthlink.net