SC - food bashing

Isha ArrowHawk ArianneShadowWalker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 19 14:56:44 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Siegfried Heydrich <baronsig at peganet.com>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: SC - food bashing

>     Boiled peanuts isn't a food - it's a ritual. For those of us who grew
up
> in the old south, digging up mats of peanuts, hosing them off, stripping
> them out of the mass of root fibers, boiling them up with your favorite
> boiling mix, letting them cool while enjoying the aroma to where you don't
> have to do the ol' scream, toss & blow when you peel 'em, just think of it
> as a southern running the sap sort of thing. With an RC cola and a moon
pie
> (chocolate or banana, depending on your particular perversion,) you're in
> Dixie heaven!
>     And let me tell you, boiled peanuts with country ham & redeye gravy
with
> cornpone and a mess o' greens . . . gives a man the strength to go forth
and
> whup on that which needs to be whupped!
>
>     Sieggy, who draws the line at grits, though

Ahhhhhh.......*contented sigh*, a man after my own heart.  Being a Southern
belle (Virginia born and raised), I can agree totally with everything in the
above.  And I love grits!  Used to live near a gristmill, that's where my
folks got theirs from.  :)

Ari, planning a nice rib-stickin' dinner tonight.