Odd and Interesting foods (was Re: SC - food bashing)

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Wed Sep 20 09:15:22 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  Lady Celia des L'archier

I tried it in tea (both of which I take like any good Angolphile,
> with *cream* and sugar, when they're hot at least.)

I beg your pardon!  Cream?  In tea?  This is not the way it is done!  My
understanding is that it is milk in tea and cream in coffee.  I wouldn't
dream of having cream in my tea (unless it is the totally delectable flavour
caramel tea - that needs cream!).

Obviously, no insult is intended in my expression of horror here - I just
find it strange to have an "anglophile" taking cream in tea (which reminds
me of a Next Generation scene where Data is trying Picard's favourite tea,
Earl Grey, and orders it from the replicator specifying "cream" - Picard
corrects him and tells him that one has milk in tea.  Now, while this is
true, one should _never_ adulterate Earl Grey this way!  Lemon and a touch
of sugar are the only acceptable additions to this divine tea.)

Gwynydd (who does not mean to open another "miracle whip" can of worms, but
could not allow the statement to go unchallenged - perhaps I should saunter
over to the Rock with teacup in hand?)