SC - tea and a question...

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 20:35:28 PDT 2000

> me of a Next Generation scene where Data is trying
Picard's favourite
tea,
> Earl Grey, and orders it from the replicator
specifying "cream" -
Picard
> corrects him and tells him that one has milk in tea.
 Now, while this
is
> true, one should _never_ adulterate Earl Grey this
way!  Lemon and a
touch
> of sugar are the only acceptable additions to this
divine tea.)

I missed that one too.

actually, <blush!> I *do* take milk or cream in my
Earl Grey, unless,
like
now, I'm ill (sinuses) and shouldn't have diary
products... then I take
it
with just sugar.  i would feel that lemon would be too
much citrus-y
taste
to it and would adulterate the taste of the bergamot
more than milk
does.

I like milk or cream in my tea too. ANd I'm not in
Canada, but the milk in Germany and Italy was higher
in fat than the stuff we have over here. I usually use
half and half.

Has anyone else discovered Lady Grey tea? Twinnings
makes one. It's like earl grey except it has lemon and
orange peel in it. Not tons, just a touch. It's really
quite good.Does anyone know when earl grey tea showed
up? Or how it came to be named after these nobles?
JUst curious, and I thought this would be the palce to
ask:)
Nisha