Was Re: SC - Yorkshire Pudding

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Sep 23 18:40:16 PDT 2000

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> Harry Lauder (an actual relative from my mother's side of the famil6)
> was indeed a vaudvillian.

"This is herrrrrrrrr...... No, it's a rrrabbut!"

> Don't know about this Stanley Holloway.

Y'ever see "My Fair Lady"??? The man singing "Get Me To The Church On
Time", "Wiv a Little Bit O' Luck", etc., is Stanley Holloway. Eliza
Doolittle's father, the dustman. The character's name escapes me.

> The
> poem certainly does have that kind of "sound," doesn't it?

Yep. Every time I hear a music hall song I am reminded of Alexei Sayle's
routine about hating the music hall as much as he hates fascism, with
its performers like Alf Biggins and 'is musical truss...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com