SC - Kiri's Asian Feast

James R. May robmay at home.com
Mon Sep 25 15:17:43 PDT 2000

At 11:53 AM 9/25/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Menu please?
>
>Selene
>
>James R. May wrote:
>
> >         I had the pleasure last night of attending the Asian feast
> planned by Kiri
> > that she has discussed on the list. They served three excellent courses.
> > Japanese, Chinese, and Mongolian. The visiting cooks, working from her
> > recipes did an excellent job, considering that the head cook was on the
> > opposite coast from her feast.
> >         It was a most enjoyable event.
> >
> > Jehan Yves de Chateau Thiery
> > Barony Lochmere
> > Atlantia
         From the    Festival of Kites   Barony of Dun
Carraig   Atlantia   Sept. 23, 2000
Japanese Course
         Chirashi-zushi  (Scattered Sushi, Edo style)
         Kikka Kuba (Chrysathemum Turnip)
         Hakusai no Shio-zuke  (salt- pickled Chinese cabbage)
         Kabu no sokuseki-zuke  (quick cucumber pickles)
         Yakitore  (grilled chicken Morsels)
         Dengaku  (grilled tofu/eggplant)
         Zaru Soba  (noodles in Basket)

Chinese course
         Wonton
         Water Dragonlets
         Pickled Bamboo Shoots
         Cooked Radish
         Barbequed Pork

Mongol Asian Remove
         Rolled Thin Pancakes
         Bal-po Soub  (Lamb Stew)
         Basmatti Rice
         Chugmin  (Long Bread)

         For the recipes you will have to await the return of her
Excellency Kiri-San sometime next week

Jehan Yves