Historic Liver recipes (was SC - liver )

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Sep 28 10:20:34 PDT 2000

> 77 A liver tart
>
> Take liver from a calf or a lamb, cook it until it becomes soft, take rich
> meat
> broth, chop the liver small and put salt, ginger and pepper in it and let it
>
> bake.

This sounds very good but did it give any instructions as to what to bake
this in? As a tart is sounds like it should be in either a coffyn or pie shell
but it can be hard to tell. I would probably do it in a pie but a casserole
could be just as appropriate. I'd still like to try it though. Probably not
for a feast no matter how good it is because so many people would
turn their noses up at it without even tasting it. We are working on
them but the general Ansteorran tends to be rather stubborn.

Gunthar