SC - Old News - Maid of Honour Cakes

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 28 12:34:29 PDT 2000

A peculiar little romantic aside here:

I had met and carpooled to a baronial council meeting with a likely young man,
and we agreed to carpool again for the tournament the following weekend.  He
phoned me up with lunch plans, but regretted that he did not have time to bake
for the sweets contest, and that what he was going to make was Richmond Maids of
Honor.

I started laughing.  "Guess what's in my oven Right Now?"

"Don't tell me it's Richmond Maids of Honor?"

"Yup."  The first sign of True Love.  That was about 20 years ago and we're
still married.

Selene [the softie]
selene at earthlink.net