SC - Gridirons (was Historic Liver recipes )

Nicholas Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Fri Sep 29 08:44:54 PDT 2000

> Hey, Bear, do you have any references or pics of an early gridiron? I'm
> not> limitting my question to you, either- if ANYBODY has refs to pics or URLs
> regarding Medieval or ancient cooking equipment, I'd be interested in
> seeing them.
> > Stefan, do we feel a file coming on?   ;-)

Try also looking for illustrations of St. Lawrence.  It is one of his identification symbols.
I have seen some 13th century icons with them in the picture, but have no idea where
they are located  or from.  He is often depicted with a grid at his feet or in his hand.
I hope this is useful.  Try a search on the net of Saints Sites or his name.
http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/saintl02.htm is a link that give some info on him, but no reference for the pic they show.

pacem et bonum,

niccolo difrancesco
"Preach the gospel always, and when necessary, use words."