SC - Re: Easy period soups?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Sep 30 21:30:47 PDT 2000

To which Cariadoc wrote:
> On the with/without issue, is it possible that you are using a well
> closed pot and the chicken is cooking in its own juices, so to speak?

I wondered about this, too. However would you get enough juice out of
the chicken before the chicken burned from being in contact with the
pot? When I've done this at home, I've usually added at least a little
water, figuring the water would eventually boil off leaving the chicken
broth, but by that time there should be enough chicken juice to keep
it from burning.

I'd like to hear more opinions/experiences on this.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net