SC - OT: A Plucked Drake

Drake & Meliora meliora at asiaonline.net.au
Sun Apr 1 15:44:44 PDT 2001

Well, let's see....
I have a copper saucepan which is tinned inside. (Got it from my mother in
law and have never used it.) No copper bowls but I was going to stick a glass
bowl in the freezer and also chill the beaters first.
Phillipa
(mentally going over which of her friends *might* have a copper bowl.
<<
 If you can find a copper bowl (buy, borrow or steal)
 this will help speed things along tremendously.  There
 is a chemical (physical?) reaction which takes place
 when albumin is whipped in a copper bowl, and it
 really, really does make a difference.  You will get
 faster aeration and substantially higher volume from
 your egg whites.  Indispinsable when making Angel Food
 cake, in my opinion.