SC - Balthazar's Trunk...A Memorial. (OT-OOP)

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 20:32:35 PDT 2001

Ilia asked:
> Just a thought, but I do a little bit of home brewing, and at the home brew shops that I have visited they have containers of grape juice or concentrated grape juice for making wine. would this be a good substitute or at least a starting point for making verjuice?
>
> Also, there was one that used to get grapes in and would mash them for you for wine making.

Unfortunately, both of these would be ripe, sweet grapes. It really
sounds like you need green, unripe grapes for verjuice. I wonder
if one of your homebrew shops might be willing to check with their
ripe grape suppliers and see if they could get some unripe grapes
for you.

As mentioned in another message, if these were grapes they
were pruning from the vines anyway, they might make more on them this
way than their usual disposal method. But for the quantity you want
they may not consider it worth their while.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net