SC - chicken on a string

Mon Apr 2 06:44:51 PDT 2001

Jenn/Yana wrote:

> Speaking of Peeps and "the season", I learned last Pennsic (thanks to some
> visitors from the Pink Fuzzy Bunny camp) that marshmallow Peeps toasted
> over a camprire are an extrordinary delicacy!  The sugar carmelizes
> slightly and becomes crunchy, and the flavor is just too good!  Stock up
> for grilling season!
>
> On a side note, I tried cooking them in the microwave. Unfortunately, the
> Peeps just expand to an frighteningly enormous size (and don't taste all
> that good).

So there I am, blinking sleepily at the above, catching about every
third word, and knowing that the spelling among list members is
occasionally whimsical, when suddenly I'm faced with the vision of:

"4 December, 1668. Had a venison Pastie at The Liver-Spotted Hande that
was palpable Beefe. Mrs. Pepys and Myself thrown into ye Microwayvve,
where we did Expand Mightily, to a Frighteningly Enormous Syze. And so
to Bed."

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy