SC - Quick question about eggwhites

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 2 07:41:25 PDT 2001

The method of roasting meat on at the end of a rawhide thong suspended from
a bent-over sapling is a Woodlands American Indian method of Pre-Columbian
origin.  The thong is tied around a stick, which is used to wind the thong
for a coil spring effect.  The method produces a field expedient rotisserie.

If the Europeans hadn't thought of it, they were certainly exposed to it
prior to 1600.

Bear