SC - Aw, the Joys of the Florilegium -OT

Nanna Rognvaldardottir nanna at idunn.is
Tue Apr 3 07:41:38 PDT 2001

I will be running an Inn for lunch and dinner during a
single day at the War of the Lilies this year.  I have
only done feasts before - never any Inn's.  So, I have
a bunch of questions.

Last year they served about 200 for lunch and a little
more for supper - say 225.

I will have a large (commercial-sized) grill available to
cook on.  It may be hot and humid, or it may be cool
and rainy.  What is best served under these conditions?

I will be hauling the food in that morning.  What can
be made ahead and easily stored?  What has to be
made on site?

What kind of prices would you pay for a lunch?  For
an evening meal?  What kind of food would you expect
to be available to select from?  What kind of amounts
would you expect to receive for those prices?

I would like to stick with period foods. Since my feasts
tend to be country and time specific.  I would like to
do that for the Inn also.  I'm thinking 15th either French
or English. Or, I could do both and call it Norman cooking.

I would appreciate any help, hints or commentary.

Thank you
Kateryn