SC - Running an Inn???

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Tue Apr 3 12:05:15 PDT 2001

Bear helped me put this menu together for the German feast in September.  Some
recipes are already redacted and I'm going to try them in my kitchen, beginning
this weekend. Let me know what you think, I'd be glad to hear your suggestions.

I sent the message first to the cooks guild.

Liadan

On Tue, 03 Apr 2001 12:36:40 (CDT) Diana Skaggs <upsxdls_osu at ionet.net> wrote:

>All,
>I talked with lots of members of the shire at Sheep Wars.  There is a lot of
>enthusiasm for our having a German Feast. (Yippie!)
>
>I've been looking at documentable sources for German food and have three good
>sources: Sabina Welserin, Rumpolt and Das Boke von Guter Speise.
>
>As a starting point, Bear and I have a tentative list of possible courses put
>together.  This is in no way final, but I wanted to get the ball rolling and
>give you all something to pick apart.  If you have a specific dish you want to
>see included, by all means, tell me/us.  If you have reservations about the mix
>of dishes in a course - let me know and why?  I am gathering information for
>future feasts, too.
>
>These are all documentably period items:
>
>On the table: wheat bread, hot and mild mustard, butter
>
>First course:
>Ruzzige Cakes (das Boke?) - a frittata or crepe made with eggs, cheese and
herbs
>Knackwurst or bratwurst (beef or pork sausages)
>
>Second course:
>Spinach Ravioli (Welserin) - Spinach/cheese or Spinach/chicken filled dumplings
>simmered in chicken stock
>Red Cabbage Salad (shredded red cabbage, blanched, chilled and dressed with oil
>& vinegar
>Apple pillows (an apple quarter, battered and fried)

Note: I will have vegetable stock on hand to simmer the cheese/spinach dumplings
in for vegetarians.