[none]

Jeff Brainard marcocaprioli at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 21:38:35 PDT 2001

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
<<< They have all sorts of seasonal variations. They started out as
"peeps" because they are flat marshmallow yellow chickies. They make
them in other shapes and colors now. Without any socially redeeming
value, IMNSHO.
Anahita
peeps are only slightly better than "circus peanuts" (gag). Do they
still make them? I hope not. >>>>

The 'official' Peeps site says that they started out as hand piped shapes rather than the flat ditties we get now . . . mechanization moved them from around 200 an hour to like 3000 an hour or some such huge numbers.

AND Circus peanuts are the fondest candy memories of my childhood.  I still hunt them on occasion for a memory candy fix.  Never as good as the memory, but it is homage paid to childhood.

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco

I did eat a couple toasted marshmallows at March Crown. I may be a
curmudgeon, but my consort toasted them to perfection, so how could i
refuse? And when they weren't perfect, he ate them :-)