SC - Pig parts - OOP, OT

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Apr 4 21:18:21 PDT 2001

- ------=_NextPart_000_00E0_01C0BD54.07E00BC0

Having a darkday (a day when we were scheduled to work but the plant =
wasn't working, in this case, because of passover) today, we were going =
over Hoof and Mouth Diesase. One of the other inspectors mentioned that =
he had read somewhere that the PETA people were hoping that HMD would =
sweep the country so that the concentration camps that we were holding =
animals in would be ruined, and therefore the animals would be free from =
slavery. Of course, he also mentioned that the article said nothing =
about the misery of the animals that would suffer through HMD.
PETA has never made much sense to me, but I thought this was a new low, =
even for them.

Beatrix of Tanet
  And has anyone else but me noticed the pendulum swinging back the =
other way=20
  with designers now and the clothing industry in general? They used to =
develop=20
  fake furs that were *obviously fake* (thinking blue leopard here). =
Then they=20
  went to furs that were wonderful knock offs of the real thing. Now, =
they are=20
  actually including *real* fur again in their lines. I keep thinking =
that=20
  maybe it is like the cigar smoking that came back into fashion. I get =
the=20
  feeling that people are getting tired of being PC and being told *how* =
to be=20
  PC; sorta the revenge-enjoyment statement to the world (I'll buy fur =
because=20
  I *want* fur and nothing you say is going to change my mind, so =
there).=20

  Lars=20

- ------=_NextPart_000_00E0_01C0BD54.07E00BC0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ff80c0>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Having a darkday (a day when we were =
scheduled to=20
work but the plant wasn't working, in this case, because of passover) =
today, we=20
were going over Hoof and Mouth Diesase. One of the other inspectors =
mentioned=20
that he had read somewhere that the PETA people were hoping that HMD =
would sweep=20
the country so that the concentration camps that we were holding animals =
in=20
would be ruined, and therefore the animals would be free from slavery. =
Of=20
course, he also mentioned that the article said nothing about the misery =
of the=20
animals that would suffer through HMD.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>PETA has never made much sense to me, =
but I thought=20
this was a new low, even for them.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Beatrix of Tanet</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px"><FONT=20
  face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT color=3D#800080 face=3DCollage lang=3D0 =
size=3D3=20
  FAMILY=3D"SERIF">And has anyone else but me noticed the pendulum =
swinging back=20
  the other way <BR>with designers now and the clothing industry in =
general?=20
  They used to develop <BR>fake furs that were *obviously fake* =
(thinking blue=20
  leopard here). Then they <BR>went to furs that were wonderful knock =
offs of=20
  the real thing. Now, they are <BR>actually including *real* fur again =
in their=20
  lines. I keep thinking that <BR>maybe it is like the cigar smoking =
that came=20
  back into fashion. I get the <BR>feeling that people are getting tired =
of=20
  being PC and being told *how* to be <BR>PC; sorta the =
revenge-enjoyment=20
  statement to the world (I'll buy fur because <BR>I *want* fur and =
nothing you=20
  say is going to change my mind, so there). <BR><BR>Lars</FONT>=20
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_00E0_01C0BD54.07E00BC0--