SC - Historical varieties

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Thu Apr 5 02:25:14 PDT 2001

I'm pretty sure I've seen Nasrudin stories set in the 20th century.
As I pointed out when this argument first appeared, you would have to
have a story in the form in which it was written down in period, in
the original language, and check that the pastry mentioned was
actually called baklava. That would at least tell you that a pastry
called "baklava" existed in period. I think the odds that Hrolf has
actually done that are low, but will be happy to have that opinion
corrected by evidence.