SC - Historical varieties

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Apr 5 05:38:52 PDT 2001

> Like I always say...absence of evidence is not
> evidence of absence.  Particularly when it comes to
> fabric colors.  There are a few obvious exceptions,
> mind you, but for the most part we can assume that
> most of the colors we have today were available in
> period.

Actually, if you can achieve a color with period dyes, it's probably safe to assume that
it can be used. However, based on the cooks standard, it would be only periodoid. ;)

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at mail.browser.net
"He cooks eternally, imperturbably, suspended in the chaos of which the
Master interprets the meaning..." Kipling, "With the Night Mail"