SC - McD's Cheeze

Marcus Antaya mjantaya at home.com
Thu Apr 5 09:25:25 PDT 2001

- --part1_79.12a13132.27fdf625_boundary

In a message dated 4/5/01 5:34:05 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
jenne at mail.browser.net writes:

> and the reason given is because vaccination would ruin Britain's trade
> status.
>

>From what I understand of the situation, and of course, it could be media
driven, it is because the disease doesn't always *appear* in the animal, and
so you really can't tell when an animal that looks healthy might have been
exposed, might develop. It might not until after slaughtering...and then you
have transmittal concerns to humans. As for the vaccination thing, I'm told
that Briton does a big business in *naturally* raised animal meats throughout
Europe and the world. If they vaccinate, they don't hold that market any
longer...and if they don't slaughter, they scare off the buyers of the
remaining animals that are fine. So, two edges there they have to be careful
of.

Lars

- --part1_79.12a13132.27fdf625_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ff80c0"><FONT  COLOR="#800080" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Collage" LANG="0">In a message dated 4/5/01 5:34:05 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
<BR>jenne at mail.browser.net writes:
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#7d025b" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">and the reason given is because vaccination would ruin Britain's trade
<BR>status.
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#7d025b" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#800080" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SERIF" FACE="Collage" LANG="0">
<BR>From what I understand of the situation, and of course, it could be media
<BR>driven, it is because the disease doesn't always *appear* in the animal, and
<BR>so you really can't tell when an animal that looks healthy might have been
<BR>exposed, might develop. It might not until after slaughtering...and then you
<BR>have transmittal concerns to humans. As for the vaccination thing, I'm told
<BR>that Briton does a big business in *naturally* raised animal meats throughout
<BR>Europe and the world. If they vaccinate, they don't hold that market any
<BR>longer...and if they don't slaughter, they scare off the buyers of the
<BR>remaining animals that are fine. So, two edges there they have to be careful
<BR>of.
<BR>
<BR>Lars</FONT></HTML>

- --part1_79.12a13132.27fdf625_boundary--